Field and Clinical Education
The SCATTER Program
Fall 2020 Information Sessions
Interested in joining SCATTER during the Fall 2020 semester? Attend an upcoming information session to learn more! Virtual information sessions will be hosted each day from Sept. 8-11, 2020. For more information, contact Andrea Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the SCATTER Program
The SunCoast Area Teacher Training and Educational Research Program (SCATTER) is the Honors Program for the College of Education. SCATTER’s mission is to enhance the teaching profession by producing exemplary teachers who exhibit a passion for lifetime learning for themselves and for the students whose lives they touch.
Our objective is to help you achieve your goals and fulfill your dreams of becoming and remaining an exceptional teacher through professional development, service, and research.
As a SCATTER member, you’ll learn how to:
- Embrace the fundamental responsibility and vital role of educators in a changing society
- Celebrate the learning opportunities presented by a diverse society
- Personify excellence in all that you do
- Demonstrate a commitment to achievement for all PK-12th grade students
- Exhibit a passion for a lifetime of learning for yourself and for the students whose lives you touch
Want to see what it's like to be a SCATTER member? Check out our video playlist on YouTube of past events and activities.
GOING THE EXTRA MILE
Students in the SCATTER Program do more than participate in workshops and social events. Our students enhance their experience at USF by participating in research-based, cutting edge training that will empower them to become highly-effective educators once they graduate from USF and begin teaching in their own classrooms.
The hard work of SCATTER students pays off in the end. One of the highest forms of recognition for our program is that school principals actively pursue hiring SCATTER graduates because of their greater knowledge, skills, positive attitude and professional behaviors that we so strongly embrace as values in our program. In fact, many leaders in schools surrounding the USF area are graduates of SCATTER and attribute much of their success to their early experiences and training in our hands-on workshops and seminars.
As a SCATTER member, you’ll join an instant community of like-minded peers and participate
in exclusive workshops and field trips, conduct and present research at national conferences and join a growing network of alumni who serve as leaders in the field of education!
Benefits of Being a SCATTER Member Include:
- Opportunities to apply what you’ve learned in your coursework to experiences out in local schools and the community
- Funding to attend professional development opportunities such as academic conferences and symposiums
- Invitations to special events such as workshops, socials and service learning opportunities
- Access to the SCATTER student lounge, a place to meet friends, study and relax on campus
- Graduate from USF as a SCATTER graduate, an honor reserved exclusively for members who remain active with program throughout their time at USF
HOW TO APPLY
USF students in both undergraduate and graduate programs are eligible to become members of SCATTER. While students are eligible to join at any time, we recommend joining as early as possible to maximize your experience and enjoy the benefits of being an active member for as long as possible!
Requirements to Join SCATTER:
- Be accepted to the University of South Florida
- Complete a SCATTER Application form
Once you’ve applied to become a member, you’ll attend a SCATTER orientation session, sign a membership contract and pay your application processing fee of $50.
To pay your membership fee and register for other SCATTER program activities, please visit the SCATTER Store.
For more information about the SCATTER program, please contact Andrea Thompson at email@example.com.