Field and Clinical Education
The 2021-22 Application for the Tutor-a-Bull program is now open. Apply today to become a Tutor-a-Bull Tutor!
The Tutor-a-Bull program strives to increase motivation for learning by providing academic support to struggling middle and high school students in Hillsborough County.
Created in 2007 by Mr. Olin Mott (1921-2013), the Tutor-a-Bull program is a partnership that provides aspiring USF teachers with one-on-one, small group, and classroom experience. Over the past decade, Tutor-a-Bull has served more than 4,000 students by providing almost 70,000 hours of individualized instruction in reading and math, conducted by more than 900 Tutor-a-Bull teachers-in-training.
BECOME A TUTOR-A-BULL TUTOR
If you are interested in joining the Tutor-a-Bull program, be sure you are able to answer yes to the following:
- I am enrolled in the USF College of Education. If you are not, thank you for your interest, but the Tutor-a-Bull program only accepts College of Education students.
- I am enrolled in at least one course for this semester at USF.
- I have access to get to-and-from the school I am assigned to tutor.
- I am available to tutor at least 10 hours each week.
- I am eager to develop my skills as an educator through Tutor-a-Bull.
- I am ready to positively influence a student's academic interest and ability through the Tutor-a-Bull program.
If you answered yes to all questions, then apply to this rewarding program! Tutors will be paid $12.50 an hour. If your application is accepted, both new and returning tutors must attend an orientation session.
For more information about the Tutor-a-Bull Program, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Due to work visa restrictions, international students are not eligible to work for our program.