Must meet University requirements (see Graduate Admissions) as well as requirements for admission to the major, listed below.
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.00 or higher;
- GRE with preferred minimum scores:
- Quantitative >75%
- Verbal > 50%
- Analytical Writing 4 or better
- The University of South Florida does not require GRE or GMAT scores for official admission to the University, but our graduate program does require test scores. However, if you are seeking admission during the summer or fall of 2020 and are unable to take the required entrance exam due to the COVID-19 epidemic and the resultant closing of testing centers, please contact us to request a waiver of this requirement.
- An undergraduate Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Science
- TOEFL 550 (paper-based total) for international students or 213 (computer-based total);
- Two (2) letters of recommendation; and
- A statement of purpose
- CV/ Resume
Applicants from countries where English is not the official language must demonstrate proficiency in English.See the Admissions Policy section of the Graduate Catalog for approved ways of demonstrating proficiency.
Note: Exceptionally qualified students with bachelor's degrees in other disciplines may be admitted into the BME M.S. Major on a case-by-case evaluation of their credentials.