PhD Admissions Information
Must meet University requirements (see Graduate Admissions) as well as requirements for admission to the major, listed below.
Successful applicants to the Ph.D. degree program in biomedical engineering will typically have presented the following preferred qualifications:
- GRE required with preferred scores:
- Verbal >50% percentile
- Quantitative > 75th percentile
- Analytical Writing > 4.0.
- The GRE is required, except for engineering students who have graduated from an ABET-accredited engineering program.
- An undergraduate GPA of >3.50 (out of a possible 4.00) based on official transcripts.
- Completion of a Master's degree in biomedical engineering or a related field.
- Evidence of sustained interest in biomedical engineering.
- A statement of purpose and CV.
- Three (3) Letters of recommendation.
Note: Admissions decisions will be made using multiple measures indicated above. We strongly encourage applicants to contact specific faculty conducting research related to the student's interests. Such direct contact with individual faculty members can greatly strengthen an application.