PhD Admissions Information
Must meet University requirements (see Graduate Admissions) as well as requirements for admission to the major, listed below.
Successful applicants to the Ph.D. degree program in biomedical engineering will typically have presented the following preferred qualifications:
- GRE required with preferred scores:
- Verbal >50% percentile
- Quantitative > 75th percentile
- Analytical Writing > 4.0.
- The University of South Florida does not require GRE or GMAT scores for official admission to the University, but our graduate program does require test scores. However, if you are seeking admission during the summer or fall of 2020 and are unable to take the required entrance exam due to the COVID-19 epidemic and the resultant closing of testing centers, please contact us to request a waiver of this requirements
- An undergraduate GPA of >3.50 (out of a possible 4.00) based on official transcripts.
- Completion of a Master's degree in biomedical engineering or a related field.
- Evidence of sustained interest in biomedical engineering.
- A statement of purpose and CV.
- Three (3) Letters of recommendation.
Note: Admissions decisions will be made using multiple measures indicated above. We strongly encourage applicants to contact specific faculty conducting research related to the student's interests. Such direct contact with individual faculty members can greatly strengthen an application.