Doctor of Audiology
The Judy Genshaft Honors College and University of South Florida Doctor of Audiology Program Guaranteed Admissions Program (GAP-AuD)
This partnership offers eligible USF students who have been admitted to the Judy Genshaft Honors College a guaranteed admissions pathway ("GAP-AuD Program") to the Doctor of Audiology (AuD) graduate program.
Students in the GAP-AuD Program will complete their undergraduate education in four years at the University of South Florida. After securing their baccalaureate degree with a major in Language, Speech and Hearing Sciences (LSH) or Biomedical Sciences (BMS), they will enter the USF AuD program.
The LSH major plan may be found here.
the BMS major plan may be found here.
The AuD degree will be conferred after the successful completion of the four-year AuD curriculum (see here).
Students who are eligible for the program are first-time in college students who are admitted to the Judy Genshaft Honors College at USF and complete the requirements specified below. The Judy Genshaft Honors College will coordinate overall completion of the baccalaureate degree, with students receiving advising and schedule planning each semester from the LSH or Chemistry undergraduate advisor (depending on whether the undergraduate degree is LSH or BMS) and an Honors College pre-health professional advisor. The USF AuD Program (Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders) will provide oversight of completion of the four-year AuD degree.
GAP-AuD Program Requirements
- Admission to the Judy Genshaft Honors College as a first year student and the following
- 1340 SAT or 29 ACT
- 3.8 GPA (recalculated by USF)
- US citizen or permanent resident status
- Undergraduate GPA requirements (years 1-3):
- USF overall and science GPA of 3.5 or higher at the end of Year 1
- USF overall and science GPA 3.6 or higher at the end of Year 2
- USF overall and science GPA of 3.7 or higher at the end of Year 3
- If students transfer in a GPA from dual enrollment or transient coursework completed at another institution, the overall and science GPAs from all coursework completed at USP must also be a 3. 7 or higher
- Prerequisite Coursework: Students who select the BSC undergraduate major must additionally complete SPA 3002 Language Development and Disorders during the third or fourth undergraduate year
- Successful interview with the AuD Program Director
- Submission of two letters of recommendation from USF faculty at the end Year 1 (May)
- Completion of 40 hours of documented community service by the end of Year 3
- Completion of 25 hours of documented Audiology observations by the end of Year 3
- Completion of all Honors College requirements for conferral of the BS degree in LSH or BMS with Judy Genshaft Honors College distinction
USF AuD Application Process (Fall of 4th undergraduate year)
Students who meet all specified benchmarks during undergraduate Years 1-3 must officially apply to the USF AuD program during the Fall of undergraduate Year 4.
- Students must adhere to all standard application procedures and requirements for the AuD program (USF program code: A YD). This includes completion of a primary application through the CSDCAS common application portal and a supplemental application and non-refundable application fee ($30) through the USF-F ACTS online application system.
- Additionally, students must: (1) adhere to an early application deadline of October
15; and (2) achieve scores at or above the 50th percentile for the GRE-Q and GRE-V.
For more information, contact Arnie Mejias: email@example.com