The Honors College welcomes a diverse community of scholars and while the majority
of our students join as freshmen, there is also an opportunity to enter the College
as a transfer or continuing student. Whether transfering from another college or university,
or continuing their studies at USF, transfer/continuing students must meet the below
requirements to join the Honors College.
Please note that students entering USF with an AA degree received as a dual enrollment student while in high school are considered First-Time-in-College students, and are considered for admission through the First Year Admissions process, which is outlined on this page.
Eligibility Requirements to Join the Honors College as a Transfer/Continuing Student:
- 3.5 overall and USF GPA, if applicable
- Two full semesters of coursework at a college or university*
- 27 earned college or university-level credits (does not include advanced credit such as AP, IB, or Dual Enrollment)
- Minimum of three full semesters (Fall/Spring) prior to intended graduation date
*Current First-Year students may submit their application during their second semester in college and will be provisionally accepted pending a final review of their transcripts at the conclusion of that semester.
Transfer/Continuing Student Requirements To Graduate with Honors College Distinction:
- 2 Honors Seminars, plus a Thesis or a Capstone project
- 25 hours of community service
- 2 Global Experiences
Please review this Honors College Transfer/Continuing Student Journey document for additional information. If you meet the above criteria and are interested in joining the Honors College, please complete this form to begin the application process.
- Applications to join the College in the Fall of 2019 will be accepted through July 15. All online modules and advisor appointments must be completed by this date to be eligible for admission.