Living Learning Communities by Major
Rising Health Professionals
Live with other students preparing to become a health professional. Explore a range of careers open to Pre-Health track students via experiential learning opportunities, faculty mentoring and peer connections. Benefit from in-hall academic advising and tutoring in required Pre-Health track courses.
Located In: Beacon Hall (Traditional style rooms)
Open To: Any student on the Pre-Health track in the College of Arts and Sciences
- Networking events with USF faculty and local health professionals
- Peer mentoring from current USF pre-health students
- In hall tutoring for required Pre-Health track courses.
- Designated Health Professions Advisor
- Health Professions workshops on building a competitive application, preparing for entrance exams, developing a personal statement, interviewing and more
- Community outreach opportunities at local hospitals
- Monthly social events such as field trips and career exploration dinners with professionals in a variety of health professional fields
- Exclusive Academic Foundations course prepares you for entry into a competitive health program
To gain admission to an LLC, you will need to complete an online LLC program application (in addition to the general USF housing application) and be admitted into the LLC program.
When completing an LLC program application that requires longer responses, we recommend typing into a Microsoft Word document that you can save and refer back to if you have any complications. Once you submit an application, a confirmation page should appear. You will also receive a confirmation email in your USF email account. If you do not receive these confirmations, please contact email@example.com, as your application was not received.
LLC Admission Decisions
Once received, your application will be reviewed by the appropriate LLC for a decision on admission. You will be notified via your USF email account regarding your LLC admission status. Each LLC has its own review timeline, but most programs will review applications and begin making application decisions by early March. Admission decisions are for one academic year. Students wishing to return to their LLC for an additional year should contact their program coordinator for specific instructions.
If you are admitted to an LLC, you will automatically be assigned into that community. If you do not meet the eligibility requirements, or the LLC has reached capacity, your housing assignment will be based on the preferences in your general housing application.
If at any point you wish to withdraw an application, or for questions regarding the general housing application, meal plans, payment information, etc., please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 813-974-0001.