Living Learning Communities by Major
Women A.R.E. (Advancing and Rising in Engineering)
If you are determined to succeed in a career in engineering, then commit to rising with other students in the Women A.R.E. Living Learning Community. This LLC empowers students to advance in their academic pursuits in the College of Engineering by connecting them to special opportunities for in-hall tutoring, peer mentoring, faculty mentoring, and career readiness workshops.
Located In: Poplar Hall (Suite Style Rooms)
Open To: All first time in college and returning women students enrolled in the College of Engineering.
Benefits of the Engineering LLC Program
- Live and Learn together with other motivated engineering students
- Make new friends that share your same major and enroll in some of the same critical math and science courses
- Engage in service learning opportunities with other LLC women
- Develop a sense of confidence and preparation for a career in engineering
- Socialize with other women in the LLC at special events like painting, cookie decorating, holiday celebrations, and off-campus field trips
- Network with College of Engineering administrators and faculty
- Access to academic resources in the hall such as advising, tutoring, and mentoring
Students are also required to Pay the Women A.R.E. LLC fee of $125.00 per semester, which is used to cover the cost of Engineering LLC and Women A.R.E. activities and events.