Why Winter Session?
USF Winter Session is a valuable opportunity to get ahead or stay ahead in your academic career. These accelerated, three-credit-hour courses allow you to:
- Get one step closer to graduation
- Reduce your course load for the spring semester
- Stay on track to graduate
- Complete an elective or required course
- Learn anytime, anywhere with fully-online courses
Due to its accelerated nature, students are encouraged to take only one course during Winter Session. Students must meet the following GPA requirements:
- 3.33-4.0 GPA: Student may take two courses without advisor approval
- 2.75-3.32 GPA: Student may take two courses with advisor approval (complete this form)
- Below 2.75 GPA: Student may take only one course
Please note: Winter Session courses are considered part of the spring term. Therefore, if you are registered for a Winter Session course, you are limited to registering for an additional 15 credit hours in the spring term.
If enrollment in a Winter Session course exceeds your 18-credit-hour semester limit, please contact your advisor for overload approval.
If you have questions, please contact us at 813-974-6917 or firstname.lastname@example.org.