Strategic Goals 1-8
Goal 7: Governance and Funding
"Refine the governance structure and establish a funding strategy to effectively align
and maximize IT resources to achieve the priorities of the USF System and its member
In the current economy, resources and funding sources continue to be reduced, yet the demand for quality and effective technology services and solutions continues to grow. It is imperative that IT review the governance structure and funding models currently in place and evaluate and implement the best approaches moving forward to ensure we effectively align and maximize the limited resources and funds with the priorities of the USF System and its member institutions.
- Refine the governance structure and portfolio management for IT initiatives at the USF System and establish a project process that enables effective project planning, resource management and successful project delivery.
- Establish a technology funding strategy for the USF System that includes:
- Aligning costs with services as defined in the service catalog, and identifies users of services to enable implementation of the cost allocation model.
- Enabling economic sustainability of IT resources, services and solutions by effectively aligning expenditures and funding sources and focuses on identifying additional funding opportunities.
- Improving budget reporting and tracking mechanisms to enable ownership and accountability.
Achievement of this Goal will be measured by:
- Centralized IT funding as a percentage of total USF System expenses.
- Percentage of initiatives delivered on time, on budget, and meeting customer expectations.