Health Account Migration
(Note: This page provides general information. If you would like to jump directly into the technical details, click here to head to our knowledgebase.)
IT is working on changes that will make the technology platforms across the campuses integrated and seamless.
These changes will:
- give us all a single unified account for most technology tools and services
- improve security
- streamline processes like creating guest/VIP accounts and the department approver process, which make it easier to use products such as Microsoft Teams (a great solution for videoconferencing and collaborating)
To do this we are re-architecting our identity management system and consolidating our tenants (Health domain moving to Forest domain). This will enable all on the USF campus to collaborate and access all IT applications and platforms more easily (no longer need to reset a password for both your netID and Health account).
These changes will most affect how users with Health accounts sign into our systems. There are some activities Health end users can do in advance of their respective college/unit migration that will ease the transition. See below.
Our netIDs will become our new email address. For example:
- NetID = myNetID
- Health email = firstname.lastname@example.org
- New email = myNetID@usf.edu
The Health email will continue to exist as an alias. This means if anyone emails you there, it will automatically forward to your new @usf.edu email. When you reply, your email will show as your @usf.edu address.
There will be other impacts. See the link to our knowledgebase below for instructions on navigating specific functions.
Health colleges and departments will not all migrate at the same time. There will be 5 migration waves occurring the end of August through end of October.
Every 2 weeks a new migration wave will occur until all 5 migration waves are complete. The best time a college or business unit can migrate is being planned around key dates and activities. Leadership and 'Change Champions' of colleges and business units are informing IT on the preferred/best migration timings for their areas.
Check the chart below for tentative dates for migration of each unit:
|Wave||Date||Who is Included|
|Wave 1||Friday - Aug 23rd||IT employees|
|Wave 2||Friday - Sept 6th||
|Wave 3||Friday - Sept 20th||
|Wave 4||Friday - Oct 4th||
|Wave 5||Friday - Oct 11th||
|Wave 6||Friday - Oct 18th||
Where to go from here?
We have lots of helpful information for you in our knowledgebase, such as:
- how to check your NetID and reset the password if needed
- how to log in to your primary workstation and other systems
- what is happening with your official email address
- how to use Microsoft Teams (which is replacing Skype for Business)
- and much more
For more information, click here to go to the landing page for this project within our knowledgebase.