Software & Security Downloads
Read&Write literacy software provides tools for reading, writing, text-to-speech and speech-to-text
conversion, as well as word translation, document scanning, and a talking calculator.
Installation Instructions and Downloads:
* MAC: Current version of Adobe Reader for Mac required prior to installing Read&Write:
* Read and Write for iPad/Android: To access downloads for mobile devices and Google Docs, please register using your USF email address by visiting Read&Write Webapp
o Read&Write for Chrome (Re-directs to the Chrome Store)
The following software packages are available to download. In order to access the download, you may need your NetID. Software designated for Administrators will require additional privilege.
- Antivirus Protection: AntiVirus & Anti-Spyware Software
- PuTTY: A free telnet and SSH Client for Windows and Unix platforms.
- FileZilla: A free cross-platform FTP software.
- Adobe: Run the latest version of Adobe Reader.
- Save any open files and close all windows except for the browser
- Click on the link
- Click Run
- Click Yes if you are prompted with a security warning
- Wait for setup to complete, which takes a few minutes
- When setup is complete, you will see an icone for NWRDC.hep on your desktop
- Close all open windows
- Restart the PC - Issues have been reported using Firefox. Please use Internet Explorer for best results and allow a few seconds for the download to begin. This software may only be downloaded from USF Desktops.