Software & Security Downloads
Read&Write literacy software provides tools for reading, writing, text-to-speech and speech-to-text
conversion, as well as word translation, document scanning, and a talking calculator.
Installation Instructions and Downloads:
* MAC: Current version of Adobe Reader for Mac required prior to installing Read&Write:
* Read and Write for iPad/Android: To access downloads for mobile devices and Google Docs, please register using your USF email address by visiting Read&Write Webapp
The following software packages are available to download. In order to access the download, you may need your NetID. Software designated for Administrators will require additional privilege.
- Antivirus Protection: AntiVirus & Anti-Spyware Software
- PuTTY: A free telnet and SSH Client for Windows and Unix platforms.
- FileZilla: A free cross-platform FTP software.
- Adobe: Run the latest version of Adobe Reader.
- Save any open files and close all windows except for the browser
- Click on the link
- Click Run
- Click Yes if you are prompted with a security warning
- Wait for setup to complete, which takes a few minutes
- When setup is complete, you will see an icone for NWRDC.hep on your desktop
- Close all open windows
- Restart the PC - Issues have been reported using Firefox. Please use Internet Explorer for best results and allow a few seconds for the download to begin. This software may only be downloaded from USF Desktops.