Goldwater Scholarship Program Pre-Application
The Goldwater Scholarship is America’s most prestigious STEM research scholarship,
awarded to students who demonstrate consistent involvement and outcomes in undergraduate
research. Students must be engaged in research currently. You must be nominated by
USF to apply. Students will apply in January 2022 as sophomores or juniors. Selected
students will receive a stipend for academic and research support for their remaining
years as an undergraduate.
- Must be sophomores or juniors in January 2022, by year of graduation (graduating in
2023 or 2024)
- Must have at least one year of undergraduate research experience prior to Fall 2021
- Must be participating in research that will lead to a publication by January 2022
- conference presentation experience before January 2022 is preferred, but not required
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3. 5 or higher
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, or permanent resident
- MD aspirants are not eligible per Goldwater policy, but students planning to attend an MD/PhD program are considered eligible.
If you are interested in being nominated to apply for the Goldwater Scholarship, contact Dr. Sayandeb Basu by May 1, 2021. Dr. Basu will meet with students throughout May about the pre-application process.