Richard Berman - Co-Director of Entrepreneurship
A recognized global leader in public health, education and management, he has consulted for the Commissioner of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, McKinsey & Company, and the government of Rwanda.
Richard attended the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, receiving a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in 1966 and his MBA and MPH degrees in 1968. He holds an honorary Doctor of Laws from Manhattanville College and an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters from New York Medical College.
- IDS 6938 – Entrepreneurship with a Social Impact (3) or ENT 6930 - Social Entrepreneurship
- This course will provide students with real-world, hands-on learning experience to
learn how to successfully transfer knowledge into products and processes that benefit
society and the entrepreneur.
Together, these skills will develop the future leaders of sustainable business and enable graduates to solve complex problems related to sustainability. **This course is only available on-campus.
Course number may differ from the USF Class Schedule Search.
- This course will provide students with real-world, hands-on learning experience to learn how to successfully transfer knowledge into products and processes that benefit society and the entrepreneur.
- President of Manhattanville College in Purchase, NY from 1995 to 2009 and is credited with turning the struggling college into a high-ranking liberal arts school
- Commission on Advancement of Racial and Ethic Equality of the American Council on Education
- Division III President's Council of NCAA, ProPAC
- New York State's Commissioner's Advisory Council on Higher Education
- Trustee of State University of New York (SUNY)
- Advisor to the Joint Special Representative of the African Union – United Nations Mission in Darfur (UNAMID) – the largest peacekeeping operation in the world
- Executive Vice President of New York University (NYU) Medical Center and Professor of Health Care Management at the NYU School of Medicine
- National Academy of Medicine, formerly the Institute of Medicine, at the National Academy of Sciences
Other Media and Links