Sustainability Policy CONCENTRATION
Director of Sustainability Policy Concentration
The interdisciplinary concentration in Sustainability Policy is achieved by bringing together courses and experiences from USF's Patel College of Global Sustainability, School of Geosciences, and School of Public Affairs to create a new area of studies in sustainability that will complement the existing M.A. concentrations.
Sustainability Policy will enable students from related undergraduate degrees, as well as professionals seeking educational and career opportunities to advance their knowledge of policy, public administration, governance, and sustainable development on an integrated platform. The demand for educated, certified and informed professionals in areas of sustainability policy continues to grow. Private/public companies, federal and state government departments, United Nations Agencies, international aid organizations, environmental NGOs, and municipalities are keen to remain abreast of the ever-changing policies and governance issues related to sustainability.
- IDS 6216 Implementing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (Credit Hours: 3)
- IDS 6275 Policy for Sustainability (Credit Hours: 3)
Choose one of the following courses:
- GEB 6930 Environmental Law and Issues (Credit Hours: 3)
- IDS 6208 Renewable Power Portfolio (Credit Hours: 3)
- IDS 6239 Principles of Six Sigma for Sustainability (Credit Hours: 3)
- IDS 6938 Energy and Resources: Policy, Society and Innovation (Credit Hours: 3)
- IDS 6707 Envisioning Sustainability: Tools for 21st Century Communicators of Sustainability Science (Credit Hours: 3)
- EVR 6937 Seminar in Environmental Policy (Credit Hours: 3)
- PAD 6307 Policy Design and Implementation (Credit Hours: 3)
- URP 6406 Urban Environmental Policy (Credit Hours: 3)
For academic advising, please contact Jamie Chmiel at email@example.com