Water Sustainability Concentration
Director of Water Sustainability Concentration
View our Water Alumni Careers
- McCann Project
- Coca Cola Sustainability Super Heroes
The Water Sustainability Concentration prepares students to find solutions to one of the greatest challenges on the planet. It educates them to understand the complex local, regional and global water-related sustainability challenges and to develop innovative and sustainable solutions. Students will develop skills necessary for planning sustainable water resources and green infrastructure systems. The program prepares students for careers in the public and private sectors in national and international organizations.
- Discuss the basic concepts of managing the dynamics of the urban water cycle and how they impact sustainability.
- Apply appropriate environmental models to analyze problems that relate to the management and exploitation of environmental systems.
- Explain the problems related to sustainability and its interdisciplinary nature of the problem related to urban water and green infrastructure.
- Discuss the interdisciplinary nature of sustainability and develop an integrated approach to the application of novel methodologies in the sustainable solution.
- Relate the knowledge to integrate various disciplines such as natural and social sciences, engineering, health, economics, governance and policy in creating a livable city and healthy community.
- IDS 6245 Sustainable Water Resource Management: Doing More with Less (Credit Hours: 3)
- IDS 6247 Water Resources Planning (Credit Hours: 3)
Choose one of the following courses:
- IDS 6216 Implementing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (Credit Hours: 3)
- IDS 6246 Water Sensitive Urban Design for Sustainable Communities (Credit Hours: 3)
- IDS 6276 Navigating the Sustainable Food/Energy/Water Nexus (Credit Hours: 3)
- IDS 6280 Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation (Credit Hours: 3)
- IDS 6707 Envisioning Sustainability: Tools for 21st Century Communicators of Sustainability Science (Credit Hours: 3)
For academic advising, please contact Jamie Chmiel at email@example.com