Sustainable Business certificate
The Sustainable Business graduate certificate will provide a foundation for designing sustainable organizations and businesses and related concepts pertaining to sustainability. Organizations and businesses from all sectors need to develop sustainable practices and models to minimize their environmental footprint and maximize their social responsibility to all stakeholders to meet the requirements of a sustainable, low carbon economy. The goal of this certificate is to provide participants with the knowledge, literacy, skills and tools they need to create more sustainable organizations.
The Certificate is offered both fully online and on campus.
Applicants must meet University Graduate Admissions and English Proficiency requirements.
To learn about the application process, and to access the application, please review our application process.
Curriculum Requirements (12 Credit Hours):
- IDS 6233 Concepts and Principles of Sustainability (Credit Hours: 3)
- IDS 6235 Economics and Finance for Sustainability (Credit Hours: 3)
- GEB 6457 Ethics, Law and Sustainable Business Practices (Credit Hours: 3)
OR IDS - 6163 - Environment, Social and Governance for Business Sustainability (Credit Hours: 3)
And select one of the following:
- GEB 6930 Environmental Law and Issues (Credit Hours: 3)
- IDS 6239 Principles of Six Sigma for Sustainability (Credit Hours: 3)
- IDS 6707 Envisioning Sustainability: Tools for 21st Century Communicators of Sustainability Science (Credit Hours: 3)
- MAR 6336 Promotional Management (Credit Hours: 3)
- SCM 6006 Supply Chain Management (Credit Hours: 3)
Credit Toward Graduate Degree:
Up to 12 hours of certificate course credits may be applied to a graduate degree with departmental approval.
Time Limit / Average Time to Completion:
The approximate time to complete the Certificate is two years.
Contact Information: http://www.grad.usf.edu/cert