Sustainable Tourism Certificate
Tourism is one of the largest industries in the world, accounting for 9% of the world GDP and 10.5% of the world's workforce. Tourism is also the fastest growing industry in the world and the ecotourism/ sustainable tourism sector is the fastest growing sector in the tourism industry. The goal of this certificate program is to provide students with the knowledge, skills and tools to develop sustainable tourism programs that meet Global Sustainable Tourism Criteria.
This certificate program will provide a general foundation of sustainable tourism and related concepts of sustainability. It is designed to appeal to an audience with a wide range of backgrounds and interests in the tourism and hospitality industry. The curriculum will be of particular interest to those related to global tourism movements such as the United Nation's World Tourism Organization, the International Ecotourism Society, and the Global Sustainability Tourism Council.
REQUIRED COURSES (6 CREDIT HOURS):
- IDS 6233 - Concepts and Principles of Sustainability
- IDS 6235 - Economics and Finance for Sustainability
ELECTIVE COURSES (6 CREDIT HOURS)
- IDS 6236 - Sustainable Tourism Development: Principles and Practices (Highly recommended)
- IDS 6237 - Ecotourism and Sustainable Tourism Management (Highly recommended)
- IDS 6216- Implementing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
For questions and academic advising, please contact Jamie Chmiel at email@example.com