Sustainable Transportation Certificate
The predominant focus on automobile transportation has led to a variety of consequences that are less than sustainable such as urban sprawl, rising rates of obesity, growth in green house gas emissions, habitat degradation, dependence on fossil fuels, and equality concerns. The goal of this certificate is to provide students with the knowledge, literacy, skills and tools they need to develop plans for sustainable transportation.
The Sustainable Transportation graduate certificate teaches methods for achieving a more sustainable transportation system and how that system fits into efforts to improve community design and the livability of urban areas.
REQUIRED COURSES (6 CREDIT HOURS):
- IDS 6233 - Concepts and Principles of Sustainability
- IDS 6235 - Economics and Finance for Sustainability
ELECTIVE COURSES (6 CREDIT HOURS)
- IDS 6207 - Renewable Transportation Fuels (Highly recommended)
- TTE 5501 - Transportation Planning & Economics
- TTE 6651 - Public Transportation
- TTE 6655 - Transportation and Land Use
- URP 6711 - Multimodal Transportation Planning
- TTE 6657 - Sustainable Transportation
For questions and academic advising, please contact Jamie Chmiel at email@example.com