PRIORITY APPLICATION DEADLINES
SPRING APPLICATION DEADLINE:
- October 15
Fall Application Deadline:
- Extended to July 1, 2020 (International)
- Extended to July 1, 2020 (Domestic)
Must meet University requirements (see Graduate Admissions) as well as requirements for admission to the major, listed below.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.0. If cumulative GPA is below 3.0, a GRE Verbal score of 153 or higher, Quantitative of 153 or higher, and Analytical Writing of 3.5 or higher, all taken within 5 years prior to application may be required. GRE may be waived with relevant professional experience.
- At least two Letters of Recommendation from professors or supervisors (signed, dated, and on official letterhead).
- Letter of Interest (Up to 350 words including the student's academic and professional background, choice of concentration, reasons for pursuing this degree, and their professional goals in terms of contributing to global sustainability).
Official Transcripts :
PLEASE HAVE YOUR OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS (NON-USF) MAILED DIRECTLY TO:
Office of Admissions
University of South Florida
4202 E. Fowler Ave. SVC 1036
Tampa, FL 3362
International students who have not completed a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution and do not have a GPA on a 4.0 scale, must submit a transcript evaluation that outlines U.S. degree equivalency, along with a GPA estimation.
Non-English transcripts must be translated by a foreign transcript evaluation service that certifies the U.S. degree equivalency and GPA estimation. Foreign transcript evaluation services approved by USF may be located at USF Office of Admissions.
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENT/TOEFL
Applicants from countries where English is not the official language, and who have
not earned at least a bachelor’s degree in the U.S. from a regionally accredited institution,
must also demonstrate proficiency in the English language. Minimum test scores required
to determine proficiency are:
IELTS – 6.5
PTE-A – 53
TOEFL (iBT – 79; PBT – 550)
GRE Verbal – 153
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE GLOBAL SUSTAINABILITY DEGREE PROGRAM, PLEASE CONTACT:
Academic Program Director
Academic Services Administrator