Comparative Medicine

DEA Controlled Substances

Controlled Substances

Any faculty member requesting, possessing, or using any controlled substance in research or teaching involving animals must be registered with Comparative Medicine using a Certification of Research Personnel Using Controlled Substances form. Registrants must identify the controlled substance(s) used in an approved IACUC protocol.

Registered faculty must procure all such controlled substances from Comparative Medicine, with distributions made by the facility manager. Request for controlled substances must be submitted in writing to the appropriate manager using the Supplies, Equipment, and Services Order Form at least 24 hours prior to being dispensed.

Please address questions to