American-Made Solar Prize Round 6 is a competition designed to energize U.S. solar innovation through a series of contests that accelerate the entrepreneurial process from years to months. To date, the Solar Prize has funded 120 teams—likeAeroShield—with more than $15 million in prizes, helping spur countless connections between entrepreneurs and experts at the nation’s top test facilities, makerspaces, universities, and the U.S. Department of Energy’s national labs.
With the recent launch of Round 6, the competition is now seeking innovators, entrepreneurs, and those with an idea to revolutionize the solar industry.
Quick Facts About the Solar Prize
- The prize offers a total of $4.1 million in cash and voucher prizes to teams of creative individuals and entrepreneurs who are ready to advance conceptual solar solutions toward product realities.
- Through three contests, participants compete for progressively larger prizes, including an optional justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion–focused prize that rewards efforts to lower barriers to solar adoption in underserved communities.
How To Get Involved
- Reach out to us for support and mentorship to help your submission stand out.
- Sign up here and we’ll notify you when registration for Office Hours with VentureWell staff goes live in August.
- Follow the competition on HeroX.
- View a recording of the Solar Prize informational webinar to learn more about timeline, goals, how to find support, eligibility, and more!
- Hear about the latest in BioPharma, MedTech and HealthIT
- Addressing Science, Business & Public Policy
- Progress in the fight against cancer and other diseases
- Showcasing Florida’s achievements
- Uniquely connect with hundreds in the life sciences industry
- Committees, forums and one-on-one meetings
- Meet potential investors and discuss your financial needs
- Leverage the BioFlorida network
- Strategize on Florida’s life sciences industry path forward
- How our industry is evolving
- Recognize and celebrate companies, entrepreneurs and researchers
BioPitch takes place at the BioFlorida Conference and is an annual competition for seed and early stage life science companies. This exciting competition provides a platform for some of the State's most innovative companies and the opportunity to pitch to life science investors.
- Selected companies will pitch to life science investors in closed-door sessions at the Conference
- Finalists will present during the General Session at the BioFlorida Conference
- The BioPitch winner will be announced at the Conference on November 4 and awarded $10,000, sponsored by Fisher Scientific
The CNYBAC Medical Device Innovation Challenge is a 6-month mentorship / network expansion / resource rich program for early stage innovators. MDIC accepts 5 teams to participate in the annual program. To date, 28 teams have graduated from the program and have amassed milestone achievements during and following their participation.
Join the nation's largest Readiness Innovation Acceleration and Prize program, a continuation of TechConnect's 25 years of engaging in modeling and simulation development. We are proud to align with our academic, industry, and government partners for our 2022 Readiness Challenge. Pitch and connect your technology with leading corporate, investment and federal prospectors, while competing for $50K in non-dilutive funding.
The ETs event will feature presentations by some of Florida’s most innovative tech startups, as well as panels, speakers and networking opportunities. Presenting companies will compete for cash awards totaling $100,000 contributed by Forum partner and member, Space Florida.
Do you have a business idea or early stage business? Would you like to apply for the 9th Annual VETS Business Pitch Event and compete for $12,000 in cash and other prizes? You must be a Veteran, service member, or spouse to be considered for the financial pitch competition.
The Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs are government set-aside programs for U.S. small businesses and research organizations to engage in research and development that has the potential for commercialization and public benefit.
Up to two (2) preliminary proposals and up to two (2) invited full proposals may be submitted per lead institution contingent to the requirement the proposed projects are in substantially different research areas.
S2S is an invitation-only symposium featuring the most innovative therapeutics startup ideas from the world’s top research institutions. Submissions from researchers are reviewed by a senior advisory group composed of experienced biotech investors. Selected presenters work 1-on-1 with advisory group mentors to further refine their concept and prepare a 15-minute presentation. 200+ attendees include entrepreneurs, biotech investors (Angels / VCs), pharma scouts, academic investigators, TTOs, etc.
If interested, please contact our office at email@example.com
From pharmaceuticals to energy, aircraft to submarines - the ability to separate materials is crucial for myriad applications, products, and industries. With increasing consumer and industry demand for more sustainable and effective processes, the need for separation technology innovation has never been greater. The goal of this sprint is to facilitate the contact and interaction between our client sponsor and active researchers or technology developers. TechConnect will include all complete and eligible entries in an exclusive Innovation Opportunity Report for our client.
TechConnect will invite top rated entries to pitch to our client in a virtual environment in July. Either TechConnect or the client may contact solvers with well-matched capabilities to discuss potential partnership opportunities, including – but not limited to – demonstrations, consulting, contract research, licensing, and more.
WIPO's Global Awards program recognizes exceptional enterprises and individuals using intellectual property (IP) to make a positive impact - both at home and beyond their own borders. The Global Awards program is rooted in WIPO’s mission to ensure a world where innovation and creativity from anywhere is supported by intellectual property for the good of everyone.