Conflict of Interest
Public Access Information for PHS-Funded Projects
Pursuant to PHS regulation requirements, within five days of a written request, USF will make information available to the public concerning any Significant Financial Interest (SFI) disclosed to the university that meets the following three criteria:
- The SFI was disclosed and is still held by the Senior/key personnel as defined in the PHS regulation;
- The university has determined that the SFI is related to the PHS-funded research; and
- The university has determined that the SFI is a Financial Conflict of Interest (FCOI).
Pursuant to federal regulations and USF policy, the information that the USF Conflict of Interest Program Manager will make available to any requestor shall include, at a minimum, the following:
- The Investigator's name;
- The Investigator's title and role with respect to the USF research project;
- The name of the entity in which the SFI is held;
- The nature of the SFI;
- The approximate dollar value of the SFI (dollar ranges are permissible), or a statement that the interest is one whose value cannot readily be determined through reference to public prices or other reasonable measures of fair market value.
The COI Program Manager will note in the written response that the information provided is current as of the date of the correspondence and is subject to updates.
To submit a request, please send an e-mail to the COI Program Manager.
If e-mail is not available, please send a written letter of request to the following
COI Program Manager
USF Research & Innovation
Research Integrity & Compliance
ATTN: Public Accessibility Request
3702 Spectrum Boulevard, Suite 155
Tampa, FL 33612