Companies that are technology based and innovation focused are eligible to apply for admission to the Tampa Bay Technology Incubator (TBTI) program. All interested parties must first submit a fully completed application for further processing. Once the application has been received and it has been determined that the company meets the minimum eligibility criteria, TBTI will proceed with the vetting process detailed below.
TBTI staff conduct phone interview with company management
- Interview topics may include:
- Company's technology
- Market potential
- Business Model/exit strategy
- Stage of development
- Current and anticipated funding, including a financial forecast
- Management's background
- Company's expectations
- Coachability of company principals
- Any other items on the application form
Companies may be selected to pitch to the TBTI vetting committee. Presentations will include a 15 presentation followed by 5 minutes of questions/answers. Within 48 hours after the pitch, TBTI staff notify company of admission status
Upon admission to the TBTI program, companies will be reviewed at a minimum of semi-annually by the TBTI staff and review committee. Companies have the opportunity to present their updated business model during this process. The process includes:
Company Management: (10 minute presentation)
- Presents business plan and financials
- Discusses milestones from previous year
- Sets goals and objectives for the next 6 months
TBTI staff and review committee: (10 minute Q&A)
- Provide feedback regarding management's presentation
- Review committee recommendations: Ready for Graduation, Good Standing, 6-Month Review
- TBTI staff advise company management of review committee's feedback
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TAMPA BAY TECHNOLOGY INCUBATOR?
Submit an inquiry and our staff will contact you to learn more about your company and discuss the program.