Life Cycle Steps
- For expiring awards, PI/DRA will finalize and discontinue all expenditures (payroll,
P-Card, travel, encumbrances, subcontracts and subawards) and all recurring charges
(IT, cell, etc).
- PI/DRA prepares any accrued annual/sick leave payout for employees terminated prior
to end date of the project.
- PI/DRA approves final invoice and/or financial report for submission to sponsor. Sponsored
Research Post Award submits to sponsor.
- PI works with Sponsored Research to ensure that all deliverables have been met and
non-financial (technical, property and Intellectual Property) reports have been completed
according to sponsor and university guidelines.
- Sponsored Research Post Award prepares final releases, if applicable and submits to
Sponsored Research for signature and submission to sponsor.
- PI/DRA works with Sponsored Research Post Award to resolve over-expenditures, if needed.
- Sponsored Research Post Award provides roll-over analysis reports to PI/DRA for fixed
- After all expenses are accounted for and payments received, Sponsored Research Post
Award inactivates chartfield and enters retention milestone.
- PI/DRA maintains records until receipt of notification from Sponsored Research Post Award to purge.