Academy of Certified Research Administrators
The Toolbox provides the USF research community with quick links to guides and instructions, tools and forms, online training and more, for each phase of the research administration life cycle.
- Life Cycle Steps - Provides step-by-step online guide for each phase of the research administration life cycle, including standardized business processes, forms, tools and training.
- Policies, Procedures and Guidelines
- ARC Portal (eIRB, eIACUC, eCOI)
- Reports & Queries Chart (Excel)
- Research Clarifications or Change in Procedures (CCHIP)
- Sponsored Research Forms
- UAC Annual Report
- Academic Analytics - Enables faculty to find targeted funding opportunities, connect with faculty, and access scholarly data.
- Sponsored Research Fact Sheet (PDF)
- F&A and Subcontracts (PDF)
- NIH Calculation Worksheet (Excel)
- Budget Preparation Tool (Excel) - This Excel workbook can be used to calculate budget expenses for all sponsors. Designed for Grants.gov budget submissions, the data displayed on the Summary tab follows the SF 424 (R&R) detailed budget format.
- Internal Form FAQs (PDF)
- FAST: Financial Accounting SysTem
- Rosetta Stone FAST Queries:
- U_KK_ROSETTA: Crosswalk query between Budget Accounts and GL Expense Accounts. Enter an Account value (or partial Account value %) for one prompt and return a listing of related Accounts based on the Account Rollup Trees used in Commitment Control. Do not enter values for both prompts. Both prompts can also be left blank to get a complete listing.
- U_KK_ROSETTA_ITEM: Similar to the query above, but correlates the Budget Accounts
and GL Expense Accounts with Purchasing Item Categories.
- Remaining Spending Authority (RSA) Check Guide (PDF)
- Rapid Reconciliation Tool (Excel) - This macro-enabled Excel workbook tracks expenses for required monthly reconciliations to the USF Finance Mart and displays projected estimated award expenses, i.e. "burn rate." The tool is a recommended option for USF award reconciliation.
- Personnel Effort Reporting (PERT) Resources