Events & Reservations Policies
- Reservation requests must be made at least twenty (20) days in advance of your event.
- It may take up to five (5) to seven (7) business days to be reviewed by the Special Events Team.
- Event requests impacting other University entities must be submitted at least sixty (60) days in advance.
- USF Departments shall not use their privileges for access to Recreation & Wellness space and services inappropriately to "front" for a Non-USF group, student organization, or commercial vendor in order to avoid or reduce expenses and/or provide access to campus for those entities.
- USF Departments are not to reserve space for events in which they are not directly involved and present.
- All instances of "fronting" for other USF Departments, off-campus groups, other student organizations, or commercial vendors will result in an adjustment of all related fees to the non-university rate and may result in the loss of reservation privileges.
- Food is not permitted inside of Recreation facilities.
- Concession stands are approved on a case by case basis.
- If food is approved, additional rental and direct costs associated with floor tarps will be incurred and added to the invoice.
- Groups that wish to have concession stands must run the stand themselves.
- Reservations that wish to have drinks sold are only permitted to sell drinks that are re-sealable.
- Food is permitted on a case by case basis.
- If you plan to have a food truck present at your event, you must fill out this link.
- This process needs to be approved through the University.
- If you have any questions about food on campus for your event, you should contact Savanna Newsom at email@example.com.
- Alcohol is only permitted at events with approved Alcohol Event Request Form.
- If a Special Event Supervisor observes the presence of alcohol without the proper permit, the event will be shut down.
- Pets and animals are not permitted in any Recreation & Wellness facility, including outdoor fields.
- The University of South Florida has specific policies in place outlined in the Animals on Campus document.
- Only ADA compliant Service Animals are allowed in Recreation & Wellness facilities.
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs are permitted at Riverfront Park at any time.
- To bring in alcoholic beverages, you must have the alcohol permit approved by the University.
- No glass bottles may be used at Riverfront Park.
- Your group is responsible for cleaning up the pavilion area after use. Please place recyclable material and trash in the proper receptacles.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times. Owners must carry a bag to clean up after the dog.
- No vehicles will be allowed to drive or park by the pavilions.
- Groups with catering concerns may make prior arrangements with the Recreation & Wellness Special Events Team.
- Absolutely no water balloons and no "silly string".
- Challenge course activities may not be used without challenge course staff supervision.
- Boat rental is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Large groups can make arrangements in advance to be billed for boat rentals after their event.
- Lifeguards are required for event reservations at a Recreation & Wellness aquatic space. Additional charges will be added to the cost of the event.
- Swimming is not permitted without the presence of a Recreation & Wellness Lifeguard.
- Lifeguards reserve the right to remove patrons from the pool and restrict the use of deep-water area to people according to swimming ability.
- Organizations and programs must reserve the pool prior to use.
- Swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
- Swimmers must wear appropriate attire (all infants must wear an approved swimming diaper).
- The locker rooms must be utilized when changing into or out of appropriate swim clothes.
- No changing in the pool area is allowed.
- Children under 16 years of age or children using flotation devices must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Glass containers, alcoholic beverages, food, drinks or gum are not permitted in the pool area.
- No running, wrestling, or horseplay in pool area.
- No bicycles, skateboards, or roller skates are permitted in the pool area.
- No animals (except service animals registered with Students with Disabilities Services) are allowed onto the pool deck or into the locker rooms.
- No smoking.
- No diving.
Please contact the Special Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.