Policies | General
Last Updated: June 11, 2021
- All Recreation & Wellness users must present a current, valid USF ID card.
- Using false identification is a violation of the USF Student Code of Conduct. Individuals who present false identification or whose ID is presented by another person may forfeit Recreation & Wellness privileges. Fraudulent IDs will be confiscated and destroyed; the owner will have to obtain a new ID through the card center.
- Entrance to Recreation & Wellness facilities is only allowed through the access control area of the Welcome Desk. Anyone found to have entered the facilities through any other means will be asked to leave the premises and further disciplinary action may be taken.
- Recreation & Wellness reserves the right to refuse admittance to anyone.
- All policies outlined in the University of South Florida Student Code of Conduct will be enforced.
- All Recreation & Wellness users are expected to be responsible, courteous, and safety conscious at all times. Behavior such as criminal activity, disorderly conduct, sexual harassment, recklessness, abuse or misuse of the facility and its equipment, or disregard for Recreation & Wellness policies and staff will not be tolerated. Violators will be required to leave the facility and may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including temporary or permanent revocation of Recreation & Wellness access. Fee-paying members who have their access revoked will not have any portion of their fees refunded.
- Recreation & Wellness is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Use of personal bicycles, skateboards, roller skates, or roller blades is prohibited inside all Recreation & Wellness facilities. Personal bicycles are not permitted to be stored anywhere within Recreation & Wellness facilities (with the exception of Outdoor Recreation Bike Shop).
- Pets are not permitted inside the facilities, except approved service animals.
- Participants may not use or be under the influence of alcohol or illicit drugs in Recreation and Wellness facilities.
- Tobacco use of any kind is prohibited inside the facilities.
- Food is restricted to the lobby or waiting area.
- Chewing gum is prohibited in all areas of Recreation & Wellness facilities.
- Only spill-proof water bottles are allowed inside the facilities.
- Standing on or leaning over railings is prohibited.
- Participants should report malfunctioning lights, temperature fluctuations, or any other maintenance concerns to the on-site Recreation & Wellness employee.
- Any injuries or possible risk must be reported to the Recreation & Wellness Staff on duty immediately.
- Signage or flyers of any type must be approved prior to posting.
- Closed-toe, non-marking athletic shoes and shirts are required at all times, except in designated rooms and areas.
- Personal headsets are welcome, but the use of radios/portable stereos or amplified sound is not permitted in any Recreation & Wellness facility without prior approval.
- Picture taking and/or video recording is only permissible with written authorization from the Department of Recreation & Wellness administrative staff using this form. Photographs may be taken of informal recreation and programs by the Department of Recreation & Wellness or USF Communications & Marketing. These photographs are used for promotional purposes. If you prefer not to be photographed, please notify the photographer.