Policies | Gyms
Last Updated: June 1, 2021
The gyms are open.
What we all "gyms" and "gymnasiums" are two large, multi-purpose indoor spaces located in the Campus Recreation Center (REC) | East Gym & North Gym. Both spaces house basketball hoops, volleyball courts, and can be configured for a variety of open recreation opportunities.
During our reopening transition, the North Gym gives priority to volleyball, badminton, and pickleball. No basketball is permitted in the North Gym. The East Gym, located nearest the Yunegling Center, gives priority to basketball.
The gyms operate on a first-come basis.
- All Recreation & Wellness General Policies will be enforced.
- During gym times, no one team can monopolize the courts for more than three consecutive games.
- Closed-toe, non-marking athletic shoes and shirts are required at all times.
- Only spill-proof water bottles are allowed. Food and gum is not permitted.
- Grabbing or hanging on the rims or nets, or hand in the cylinder, is not permitted due to safety and maintenance concerns.
- The curtain will only be lowered for Intramurals, Special Events, Sport Club practices, or for safety concerns based on the discretion of the Recreation & Wellness Staff.
- Personal headsets are welcome, but the use of radios/portable stereos or amplified sound is not permitted in any Recreation & Wellness facility without prior approval.