Policies | Indoor Track
Last Update: June 10, 2021
The indoor track is located in the Campus Recreation Center (REC), circling above the East Gym floor.
- All Recreation & Wellness General Policies will be enforced.
- Enter the track with caution.
- Participants must use the track in the designated direction. The track direction changes daily and is indicated at the entrance to the track.
- Walkers should use the inside lanes and runners should use the outside lanes.
- Appropriate athletic shoes must be worn. No spiked shoes, turf shoes, sandals, or open-toed shoes are permitted.
- All footwear must be dry and free of dirt before participating.
- Standing, horseplay, spectating, and/or stretching are not permitted on the track lanes.
- Throwing or dropping items to or from the track is prohibited.
- No more than two runners or walkers side by side.
- The track is 1/12 of a mile; therefore 12 laps in the center lane equals one (1) mile.