Policies | Platforms
Last Update: June 19, 2021
These policies cover the Platforms & Functional Training areas located in the Campus Recreation Center (REC).
- Users are expected 1) to be proficient in barbell movement and 2) to maintain control of their weights.
- Bumper plates and Olympics bars must stay in the platform area.
- Compressed chalk is allowed on the lifting platforms. Please clean chalk residue using the wipes provided.
- Loose chalk is prohibited.
- User may stand on resistance bands while on the lifting platforms. Bands may not be attached to bumper-plate storage racks or platforms.
- No decagon-shaped weights more than 10 pounds (lbs) are to be used on the platforms. If over 10lbs, then all weights must be the Olympic bumper plates.
- Slam balls may be thrown at the wall only within the designated area.
- Clips are required on all barbell exercises.
- During peak times, please allow others to work in.
- At the conclusion of your workout, all bumper plates and clips are to be cleared from the bar and put back in the proper location.