Response to COVID-19 Pandemic
The Counseling Center will continue to provide essential mental health services to
students during the COVID-19 pandemic.
All mental health services are being provided via secure video conference. As a result of the change to telemental health services, and the consolidation of USF, all clients (including students who have previously been seen at the Counseling Center), will be required to electronically consent to engaging in telemental health services by completing the online consent form at this link. If you have any questions about this process, please contact us at (813) 974-2831.
If you wish to initiate services, please call us for appointment information and availability. We will guide you through the process of completing initial paperwork online and obtaining an appointment for a secure, confidential, online meeting with a mental health provider. Same day appointments are available.
Students can request to reserve a confidential space for their appointment. The USF Counseling Center offers confidential spaces within the the Counseling Center, the FIT, the WELL, and CAMLS. Confidential spaces within SVC may be available on a walk-in basis, although we encourage you to call to reserve the space with any advance notice. Spaces within the FIT, WELL, and CAMLS must be reserved one-business day in advance. All spaces are sanitized prior to your arrival.
The Counseling Center is also providing online workshops to assist students with addressing
their mental health and wellness concerns. No prior contact with the Counseling Center is required to attend these drop-in sessions
just go online at the appointed time! They cover topics as varied as ways to cope
with difficult emotions, to how to practice mindfulness to build resilience and increase
joy. More information on these sessions can be found here.
We hope you join us!
We encourage students to take action to cope effectively with the anxiety and sadness that may accompany COVID-19's disruption to our everyday lives. We urge you to access the following resources to learn more about the potential emotional impact the pandemic may be having on you, and how you can best manage your feelings and responses. We are here if you need us!
- Wellness USF, Strategies for Successful Online Learning
- Wellness USF, Tips & Tricks for Thriving During Self-Isolation
- Centers for Disease Control, Mental Health and Coping During COVID-19
- American Psychological Association, Five Ways to View Coverage of the Coronavirus
- The World Health Organization, Coping with stress during the 2019-nCoV outbreak
- SAMHSA, Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network, Parent/Caregiver Guide to Helping Families Cope with the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- La Sociedad Interamericana de Psicología, Protocolo de Acción y Recomendaciones sobre Salud Mental para afrontar la Pandemia del Coronavirus
- A Sociedade Interamericana de Psicologia apela, Protocolo de Ação e Recomendanções sobre Saúde Mental para o enfrentamento da Pandemia de Coronavirus
Click here to access USF's official updates regardarding the Coronavirus Disease.
Last updated 04/09/21