Applications for the 2023-2024 year are on hold until further notice.
The selected candidates will be invited to complete a USF online application to initiate the hiring process, and will be subject to a Level 1 Background Check. The following application requirements must be uploaded in the APPA CAS or sent directly to the Training Director via email:
- A cover letter outlining your specific interests in our program.
- Current curriculum vita
- Three letters of recommendation (referred to as “evaluations” within the APPA CAS portal), at least one of which must be from an internship supervisor.
- A letter from dissertation chair regarding dissertation status and anticipated completion date.
- A statement from the internship training director indicating good standing in the program and expected completion date (if the internship is already completed, please submit certificate or similar documentation).
- Graduate transcripts
- One document answering the following questions:
- USF attracts a diverse population of students and as such, we are interested in attracting applicants from diverse backgrounds as well as applicants who have experience working with diverse populations. Please briefly share your relevant experiences. (1-2 paragraph maximum)
- If you have had experiences in a counseling center setting, please briefly describe your experiences. (1-2 paragraph maximum)
- If you are applying to the Dual Site Track, please briefly describe your experiences working in a healthcare setting. (1-2 paragraph maximum)
In your materials, please identify the track(s) for which you are applying. You may express interest in more than one track. Please note that if your dissertation chair and/or training director are recommendation letter writers, they can provide the required statements as a part of their letters.
For questions regarding applying to our program, please email Dr. Michael Rogers, Training Director.