New Resident Room Selection: Spring 2018
After completing the first four housing application steps, you will receive a message via your USF email indicating the earliest date/time that you will be able to participate in room selection (check your USF email regularly). You may participate in room selection anytime after this date/time. The first eligible applicants will be able to select rooms starting Monday, November 13. Room selection closes at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, December 10. Spaces fill quickly and we encourage students to select a room at the earliest possible opportunity. Please see the "Unit-Mates" section for information about having another student select for you.
Step 2 (optional): Determine roommates
If you are interested in living with your friends next year (or you found a roommate in the USF Class of 2021 Facebook Group), discuss where you would like to live now so that you have all the needed information to select a room when the time comes (see Unit-Mates section below).
Step 3: Explore hall options
Develop a list of possible buildings you wish to live in. As beds are limited in each building, you should plan to develop a list that includes multiple options in ranked order. If you have decided to live with friends, make sure you have planned out who will live in each room if you choose a suite or apartment. Explore hall options and view hall rates.
Step 4: Select your room
You will not be eligible to participate in room selection until the first four housing application steps are completed. You will not be able to pull in unit-mates unless the three items in the Unit-Mates section below have been addressed. Once you complete the first 4 housing application steps, you will be able to select a room online from the available spaces. Please note that payments take 1 business day to process. Immunizations may take a week to process, depending on volume. The first eligible applicants will be able to select rooms starting Monday, November 13. Room selection closes at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, December 10. After this date, housing applicants will be assigned to available spaces once the first four housing application steps are completed.
Unit-Mates (Roommates • Suite-mates • Apartment-mates)
This part of the process is undergoing changes to make room selection even easier. More information coming soon!
Housing Application Cancellation Timeline
All cancellations must be submitted in the Housing Portal. Refer to the date ranges below for the applicable cancellation fees.
- Cancel your housing application without penalty: September 1 - November 1, 2017
- Housing applications cancelled after November 1, 2017 will incur no cancellation fees if the student does not have a housing assignment at the time of cancellation. If the student does have a housing assignment, the fee structure listed below will apply.
- $250 cancellation fee: November, 2 - December 1, 2017
- $500 cancellation fee: December 2 - 9, 2018
- $1,000 cancellation fee: December 10 - 19, 2017
- $1,500 cancellation fee: December 20, 2017 - January 6, 2018
- After January 6, 2018 - To cancel your housing application, you will be responsible for paying half of the rent owed for the remainder of your housing contract (if you are withdrawing from USF, you must appeal to obtain a lower cancellation fee).
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 813-974-0001 Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. and we will be happy to assist you!