Family & Friends Weekend
2020 #oneusf family & friends weekend: We've gone virtual!
Registration is now closed. From October 9-11, we invite all Bull family members and friends, wherever they are,
to join us to celebrate and virtually participate in #ONEUSF Family & Friends Weekend.
Although Family & Friends Weekend is unable to offer in-person events this year, we
hope you will still take this opportunity to connect with USF, spend quality time
as a family, and celebrate being Bulls.
To help facilitate your connection with USF and your student, we have created a weekend so families can experience greater access, flexibility, and options all week long. Family & Friends Weekend is a great option for USF families and friends looking to:
- Connect with USF administrators and staff who support your student's success
- Attend family-specific sessions from the USF experts about topics such as career readiness, studying abroad, and the ongoing college transition
- Make and build connections with other USF families from across #ONEUSF
- Virtually explore #ONEUSF and participate in USF traditions such as Homecoming with their student, whether you are together or apart
Why Participate in Family & Friends Weekend?
Each year, we host Family & Friends Weekend midway through the fall semester. October is the time when families may want to connect with key campus departments to get the support their student needs. USF family members consistently share that October is the perfect time to re-connect with their students and get a feel for how they are doing. We also know it's a time family members like to explore Tampa Bay, meet other families, and get a feel for how other families are supporting their student. This year, you can expect all of these opportunities, but delivered to you virtually! Here are some of the benefits of participating in this year's Family & Friends Weekend virtual experiences:
- Experience more of what is offered than ever before. No need to pick and choose from different sessions. Pop in and out of experiences as you need to throughout the weekend so you can maximize your participation!
- Access recorded sessions all year long. Want to spend quality time with your family or have other obligations over the weekend? No problem! We'll provide our registered families access to recorded sessions after the weekend so you can watch and engage as you are able!
- Access virtual experiences taking place earlier in the week. This year, we are excited to share our "Early Bulls Special" Pre-Events taking place starting October 4 and going all the way through October 11 in partnership with USF Homecoming!
- Save. Save on the cost of gas, plane tickets, and Family & Friends Weekend registration packages. To reduce costs for our Bull families this year, only one registration is needed per family.
- Did we mention you can join in the fun without leaving the couch?
Schedule of Virtual Events
Throughout the week and weekend, families and friends will have the opportunity to take advantage of engaging in more events and experiences than ever! If you can't attend everything throughout the weekend (or want some time away from the screen), we'll send you recordings of our featured sessions after Family & Friends Weekend so you can make the most our of your registration! Click here to view our schedule-at-a-glance. Registered participants will receive a final email with event access on Thursday, October 8.
Important Considerations for Traveling
We are thrilled that your family is excited about Family & Friends Weekend! We recognize families typically use Family & Friends Weekend as an opportunity to visit and connect with their student if they live on-campus. If your student is living on campus, we ask that families follow the guidelines outlined in the 2020-2021 USF Student Housing Agreement Addendum and make alternative arrangements for connecting with their student.
We are excited to say Family & Friends Weekend will take place during USF Homecoming Week! Learn more about Homecoming and all of the activities going on during the week.
USF Football Tickets
If you are interested in exploring ticket options or game day experiences for the Homecoming Football Game, ticket options for family and freinds on behalf of USF Athletics can be found here. If you have any questions about attending the game, please contact USF Athletics at
(813) 974-8242 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you from Parent & Family Engagement!
Nearly all of the financial support the Office of Parent & Family Engagement receives to support our programs and operations comes from the revenue generated by Family & Friends Weekend. Your registration enables us to support families as they support their student, to keep families informed of university happenings, and to provide opportunities for families to connect with each other. Your contribution ensures that we can maintain our programs and services while paving the way for new initiatives that will benefit USF families for years to come.
If you are unable to participate but want to support the efforts of the Office of
Parent & Family Engagement, please consider making a gift that directly supports services and
experiences for you!
We aim to provide the best experience for our students and family members participating in our programs. Based on the flexibility of offerings and in an abundance of caution for the health and safety of participants and staff, we are unable to provide refunds for any Family & Friends Weekend T-shirt Package purchases or registration. All sales are final.
Have Questions or Need Further Assistance?
We are happy to assist you navigating your questions. Please fill out this form to reach a Parent & Family Engagement team member.