Members of the Court
firstname.lastname@example.org | 813-974-9120
The duties of the Chief Justice shall include, but are not limited to:
- Nominated by President
- Serves a one-year term and may be re-appointed for one additional term
- Head of the branch
- Chairs all general meetings, and court leadership meetings
- Enforces the internal rules of the court
- Presides over all judicial hearings
- Enforces all time limits during Court proceedings
- Administers the Oath of Office to the Student Body President and Vice-President
- Has the first speaking rights on issues
- Writes opinions when deemed necessary
- Appoints committee members
- Accountable financial officer for the Judicial Branch.
The duties of the Senior Justice shall include, but are not limited to:
- Preside over meetings in the absence of the Chief Justice.
- Preside over at least one meeting per semester.
- Have second speaking rights on all issues.
- Oversee the activities of all committees under their authority.
- Prepare and present a report of their activities.
- Review all complaints and appeals with the Chief Justice.
- Enforce the attendance policy for the members of the Court.
- Participate on Court Leadership matters.
- Any duties deemed necessary by a majority of the Supreme Court.
email@example.com | 813-974-9120
The duties of the Ranking Justice shall include, but are not limited to:
* Preside over all meetings, in the absence of both the Chief and Senior Justices.
* Preside over at least one meeting per semester.
* Have third speaking rights on all issues.
* Serve as a secondary financial officer for the Branch.
* Any duties deemed necessary by a majority of the Supreme Court.
Clerk of the Court