Are you facing out-of-state tuition and fees? The Yellow Ribbon GI Education Enhancement Program (Yellow Ribbon Program) is a provision of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008 that is designed to assist student veterans and veteran dependents with these higher rates. This program allows institutions of higher learning (degree granting institutions) in the United States to voluntarily enter into an agreement with VA to fund tuition and fee expenses that exceed the highest public in-state undergraduate tuition rate. The institution can contribute up to 50% of those expenses and VA will match the same amount as the institution.
Who is eligible?
- Student Veterans using Chapter 33, Post 911 GI Bill
- Veteran Dependents using Chapter 33, Post 911 GI Bill
- Must be admitted to USF
- Be a Non-Resident of Florida
- Chapter 33, 100% Eligibility Rating
- Be Degree Seeking
How many slot are available?
- The University of South Florida will offer 24 for undergraduates, 10 for master level students, and 4 for doctoral students in the College of Medicine.
- Currently, all undergraduate and graduate slots are taken, but due to graduation and drop outs, the number changes every semester. Contact the Office of Veterans Services to determine how many slots are available.
How and when to apply:
- Yellow Ribbon Program Post-9/11 GI Bill Application Form
- You will need to email your application, along with a Certificate of Eligibility to Evan Itle: firstname.lastname@example.org
- As soon as you submit your application, your name will be put on a waiting list if there are no available slots open.