CMS Version Upgrade
The CMS will be undergoing a back-end upgrade at the end of the year which will provide a more user-friendly and aesthetically pleasing interface with great new features. Please review the implementation schedule below along with important launch date information. Be aware that there will be a few days where you cannot log in and make any edits, so please plan accordingly.
- Nov. 14 - last launch date prior to version upgrade (no launches will occur on Nov. 21, 28, and Dec. 5).
- Nov. 24 - updated technical manual will be posted on the Brand site and distributed by this date.
- Dec. 3 by 4pm - all users must be logged out of the CMS with all of their files checked in. No edits or changes can occur during upgrade (this applies to test sites as well).
- Dec. 3-7 - new version installation.
- Dec. 8 - users can log back into the system.
- Dec. 12 - the last day of CMS site launches for the year.
- Jan. 16, 2015 - first available launch date of the new year.
This version upgrade will not change anything on the front-end design or templates, this only applies to the back-end where content is updated.
For those units currently working on content organization and wireframing, please continue to do so. We will still be reviewing wireframes as normal. Starting immediately, training will occur as needed.
Reminders and updates will be sent and posted here as we move forward. Please contact your CMS liaison with any questions.
A Few New Features
- Complete Redesign: Newly redesigned interface geared towards making your more enjoyable by maintaining organization and simplicity while preserving the current basic user experience.
- Drag and Drop Files: Allows you to move, copy, and upload using drag and drop. Multiple files can be dragged and droppped for upload simultaneously. Also, Java is no longer required for rotators (hooray)!
- File Navigation Sidebar: Allows you to quickly browse for files within the site in a tree-like structure.
- List View Improvements: Provides a list view of all files within a directory on a site.
- Quick Search: A tool that searches the content of pages within the Pages list view. Quick Search will search the text, metadata, and file names. Assets themselves are not searched, but the text of an asset that is included on a subscribing page is.
- Delete Confirmation: Requires users with deleting permissions to type in the word "delete" in order to remove a file.
- Images: Allows you to view an image in your images folder.
- Text Input: Users are now able to type in the path of a file manually in addition to browsing to the file's location. For example, URLs in the main navigation or widgets on your homepage.