Creating a Google Analytics Account
How do I create a Google Analytics account?
Google Analytics is a free online tracking service that allows you to gather helpful information on how your website is performing.
Types of things that you can learn from this data include:
- Which marketing initiatives are most effective
- Accurate website traffic patterns/trends
- Where visitors come from and what they do on the site
- Which keywords resonate with prospects and lead to conversions
- Which online ad or creative is the most effective
- Where people leave the site
- Which pages retain visitors the longest
UCM and IT are unable to create an account for you as it needs to be tied to a specific USF Gmail address. To create a Google Analytics account:
- Navigate to http://www.google.com/analytics/
- Click “Sign in”.
- Enter your mail.usf.edu address in the Email Field. This address will probably be your normal usf.edu email address, but with mail.usf.edu instead. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org. edu.
- Do not enter anything in the Password Field.
- Click “Sign in”.
- You will be directed to the USF NetID Single-SignOn Page. Enter your USF NetID in the NetID Field and your NetID Password in the Password Field.
- You will be redirected back into Google Analytics, this time signed in.
- Click “Sign up” to begin using Google Analytics, and follow the steps listed in the creation process.
If you experience problems, it could be that you do not have a mail.usf.edu address assigned to you. Please contact IT (email@example.com) to set one up or use a non-USF gmail account (firstname.lastname@example.org).
UCM and IT do not offer instructional or technical support for Google Analytics. It is the responsibility of the department to obtain training on how to use this product and run their own reports. Google provides in-depth training resources that you can access for free at https://support.google.com/analytics.