Tips for Success
Congratulations. You have completed the first half of your degree program! The Junior year is about academic development and future potential; it is a year of expansion. You are now thinking about the relevance of your coursework and your future prospects. Your choices count and your boundaries are expanding. This is a great time to assess your choices and reinforce your goals.
Here are 5 top tips for successfully expanding into your junior year at USF.
- Expand your network to include faculty, community leaders, and diverse groups beyond
the boundaries of USF. You are not just a citizen of the USF community - you are a global citizen. Think
about potential recommendation letter and job opportunities. Check out Student Affairs for ideas and opportunities.
- Set your sights on graduation. Now is the time to clearly visualize your academic plan for your remaining semesters
to expand your horizon. Your academic advisors are there to support your academic success and can offer options and clarify choices
for your academic plan.
- Reflect on your educational enhancement activities. This is the time to consider how your study abroad, internships, service learning,
or research opportunities are enhancing your academic development. Be prepared to
expand these opportunities and create summaries you can integrate in a resume or interview.
- Work on your job seeking skills. Career Services offers workshops and personal assistance with everything from job searching to resume'
writing to interviewing. Go beyond the basics and expand into new techniques and technologies
that can give you the edge.
- Take on leadership roles. You may have been participating in a group or organization and now you are prepared to lead the group or organization. If you haven't engaged in campus activities or activities in your major it is not too late. Again, think expansion!