Congratulations on making the decision to complete your bachelor's degree as a USF Bull! As a transfer student, you make up a strong and diverse segment of our undergraduate student population, and we respect your unique strengths and concerns. Wherever you transferred from, the transition to USF will be both exciting and challenging. The good news is that we are prepared to guide you through those transitions and challenges.
Here are the top 5 tips for making a smooth transition:
- Get connected. USF's New Student Connections offers a range of opportunities and support systems for transfer students to connect.
Make sure to check out Week of Welcome activities to find out more about your new
- Get organized and get a plan. The better prepared you are the more likely you will use your time wisely. Make sure
Admissions has your updated and final transcripts. Meet with your Academic Advisor to work out your graduation plan. Your DegreeWorks audit will show you how your courses are being applied to your selected major. Make
sure you check it regularly and let your Academic Advisor know if you notice any discrepancies.
- Get moving on your career goals. Utilize the Career Services resources to assist with everything from matching your major selection with your
career goals to resumé building and job search skills.
- Get more out of your academic experience. Look into opportunities to integrate study abroad, internships, service learning, research and leadership opportunities.
- Get the most out of your learning experience. Attend all your classes, meet with your instructors, and utilize the Tutoring Hub and the Writing Studio located at the Academic Success Center in the Library for assistance with creating new approaches to learning.