Enhanced General Education
Anyone wishing to propose a course for the Enhanced General Education should do so via the USF Course Proposal System.
The following information may be helpful:
- Course Proposal Rubric to be used by GEC when reviewing courses
- Paper worksheet includes all components of Enhanced General Education to help plan for electronic form submission - Course Change Enhanced General Education (Revised 9/18/18)
- Paper worksheet includes all components of Enhanced General Education to help plan for electronic form submission - New Course Enhanced General Education (Revised 9/18/18)
Intellectual & Practical Skills
The General Education Council is no longer accepting proposals for this tier of the pyramid. Please check back for any new calls for proposals.
Faculty wishing to propose an Ethical Reasoning & Civic Engagement course will be able to do so starting August 6, 2018. Proposals will begin being reviewed on Monday, October 1, 2018. The GEC will review nine (9) Ethical Reasoning & Civic Engagement courses from each college (nine from each school in CAS). The GEC will review an UNLIMITED number of interdisciplinary proposals coming from more than one college.
Faculty wishing to propose a High Impact Practice course will be able to do so starting August 6, 2018. Proposals will begin being reviewed on Monday, October 1, 2018. The GEC will review an UNLIMITED number of High Impact Practice courses. Faculty proposers are encouraged to work with the respective offices depending on the type of High Impact Practice course being proposed:
- Internships and Career Readiness: Office of Internships and Career Readiness
- Community Engaged Learning: Office of Community Engagement and Partnerships
- Undergraduate Research: Office of Undergraduate Research
- Education Abroad: USF Education Abroad
- Capstone: General Education Council
Required Syllabus Statement
Every course certified in the Enhanced General Education must include the following syllabus statement:
"This course is part of the University of South Florida's General Education Curriculum. It is certified for [Identify Core Area]. Students enrolled in this course will be asked to participate in the USF General Education assessment effort. This will involve submitting copies of writing assignments for review via Canvas."
Questions? Please contact: GenEdCouncil@usf.edu