Arrival & Orientation
In addition to the iStart online process, students will need to complete the Immigration Check-In Process.
UPCOMING CHECK-IN DATES
What is Immigration Check-In Process?
New international students must complete the Immigration Check-In Process (Dates/Times listed below) and attend a university orientation. Graduate Students should plan to attend Graduate Orientation and Undergraduate Students (First Year and Transfer) should plan to attend GloBull Beginnings.
The Immigration Check-In Process consists of a Document Check and Immigration Session. First, an international advisor (DSO) looks at the student’s physical immigration documents to verify proper entry into the US as F-1 or J-1. Students must bring all of their original immigration documents with them: I-20 or DS-2019, passport, I-901 fee receipt, printed I-94, and visa stamp. Students then watch a presentation detailing the requirements of maintaining immigration status.
The process takes approximately 1.5 hours to complete. Students should plan to be at our offices in BEH255 (Tampa campus) for the duration of the session. Times slots are limited to 30 students. Students who do not arrive on time will be asked to come to the next available time slot, which may be the next scheduled date. The schedule below lists the available time slots.
Please refer to iStart for specific Immigration Check-In Process instructions for your specific campus.
Immigration Check-In Process Tips:
- It is strongly recommended that students complete ALL Post-Arrival E-Forms BEFORE attending Immigration Check-In. This will ensure the student can complete the process within the 1.5 hour time slot.
- Students having trouble completing E-forms should either stop by BEH 255 (Tampa campus)
to ask for help or seek assistance during the first ½ hour of the check-in process.
The most recent I-20 or DS-2019, I-94, and POE stamp should be uploaded to the appropriate E-Form.
- INTO to USF Change of Level and Transfer students should upload their new USF degree seeking I-20.
- Students should enter their local mailing address in OASIS as soon as possible, even if it’s a temporary address. This includes a hotel address or a friend’s address. The address can be updated.
If students need assistance with scanning and uploading their documents, they can visit the Office of International Services during working hours, weekdays 8am – 5pm. For online assistance, go to the Document Imaging PDF.
Fall 2020 Document Check will be held virtually using Microsoft Teams. Please review
the Document Check E-Form on your Glo-Bull Start checklist in iStart for full details.
To Sign Up for Document Check:
- Click on the link below to open Microsoft Bookings
- Login with your USF email address and password
- Browse to August and select an available time slot. Note: You must be in the U.S. by your chosen Document Check appointment unless you
are a transfer student or existing student changing level.
- Enter your Name, Email Address, and University ID and book your selected time slot.
- You will receive a confirmation email with a link to the Teams meeting and a calendar invite. If you don't see the confirmation email check your Spam folder.
Before your Document Check:
- Make sure you've completed all of your Pre-Arrival and Post-Arrival E-Forms to the best of your ability. *If your E-Forms are not complete you may be asked to reschedule.
- Gather all of your immigration documents so you have them ready.
- Think about which device you can use to join the Teams meeting.
- You can click on the Teams meeting link in the confirmation email to practice connecting.
- We recommend you use a laptop or computer with a webcam and install the Teams app. You can also install the Teams app on your smartphone
To Join your Document Check Teams Meeting:
- At least five minutes before your scheduled meeting, click the Teams meeting link in the confirmation email you received earlier.
- Follow the instructions on the website to join the Teams meeting through the app or by using a supported browser (Chrome or Edge)
- Please wait at least five minutes after your scheduled meeting time in case an advisor is running late.
- We look forward to meeting you! See you soon!