Arrival & Orientation
In addition to the iStart online process, students will need to complete the Immigration Check-In Process.
UPCOMING CHECK-IN DATES
What is Immigration Check-In Process?
New international students must complete the Immigration Check-In Process (Dates/Times listed below) and attend a university orientation. Graduate Students should plan to attend Graduate Orientation and Undergraduate Students (First Year and Transfer) should plan to attend GloBull Beginnings.
The Immigration Check-In Process consists of a Document Check and Immigration Session. First, an international advisor (DSO) looks at the student’s physical immigration documents to verify proper entry into the US as F-1 or J-1. Students must bring all of their original immigration documents with them: I-20 or DS-2019, passport, I-901 fee receipt, printed I-94, and visa stamp. Students then watch a presentation detailing the requirements of maintaining immigration status.
Immigration Check-In Process Tips:
- It is strongly recommended that students complete ALL Post-Arrival E-Forms BEFORE
attending Immigration Check-In.
- Students having trouble completing E-forms should either stop by BEH 255 (Tampa campus)
to ask for help or seek assistance during the first ½ hour of the check-in process.
The most recent I-20 or DS-2019, I-94, and POE stamp should be uploaded to the appropriate E-Form.
- INTO to USF Change of Level and Transfer students should upload their new USF degree seeking I-20.
- Students should enter their local mailing address in OASIS as soon as possible, even if it’s a temporary address. This includes a hotel address or a friend’s address. The address can be updated.
If students need assistance with scanning and uploading their documents, they can visit the Office of International Services during working hours, weekdays 8am – 5pm. For online assistance, go to the Document Imaging PDF.
Upcoming Check-In Dates
|July 29 (TA/GA)||2 – 4 PM|
|August 3||2 – 4 PM|
|August 5||2 – 4 PM|
|August 9||9 AM – 12 PM & 1 – 4 PM|
|August 10||9 AM – 12 PM & 1 – 4 PM|
|August 12||9 AM – 12 PM & 1 – 4 PM|
|August 13||9 AM – 12 PM & 1 – 4 PM|
|August 16||9 AM – 12 PM & 1 – 4 PM|
|August 17||9 AM – 12 PM & 1 – 4 PM|
|August 18||9 AM – 12 PM & 1 – 4 PM|
|August 19||9 AM – 12 PM & 1 – 4 PM|
|August 20||9 AM – 12 PM & 1 – 4 PM|
|August 23||1 – 4 PM|
|August 24||8 AM – 12 PM|
Fall 2021 Document Check will be held virtually using Microsoft Teams. Please review the Document Check E-Form on your Glo-Bull Start checklist in iStart for full details.
To Sign Up for Document Check:
- Click on the link below to open Microsoft Bookings
- Login with your USF email address and password
- Browse to August and select an available time slot. Note: You must be in the U.S. by your chosen Document Check appointment unless you are an existing student changing level.
- Enter your Name, Email Address, and University ID and book your selected time slot.
- You will receive a confirmation email with a link to the Teams meeting and a calendar invite. If you don't see the confirmation email check your Spam folder.
Before your Document Check:
- Make sure you've completed all of your Pre-Arrival and Post-Arrival E-Forms to the best of your ability. *If your E-Forms are not complete you may be asked to reschedule.
- Gather all of your immigration documents so you have them ready.
- Think about which device you can use to join the Teams meeting.
- You can click on the Teams meeting link in the confirmation email to practice connecting.
- We recommend you use a laptop or computer with a webcam and install the Teams app. You can also install the Teams app on your smartphone
To Join your Document Check Teams Meeting:
- At least five minutes before your scheduled meeting, click the Teams meeting link in the confirmation email you received earlier.
- Follow the instructions on the website to join the Teams meeting through the app or by using a supported browser (Chrome or Edge)
- Please wait at least five minutes after your scheduled meeting time in case an advisor is running late.
- We look forward to meeting you! See you soon!