Vision and Mission
The Academy for Teaching and Learning Excellence (ATLE) is a faculty-facing office that provides support for the instructional mission of Student Success.
ATLE supports faculty in their roles as teachers and mentors to students. This support includes providing consultations, training, and just-in-time aid both in person and delivered asynchronously through the Web.
- Support the goals of the Student Success initiative.
- Spotlight and highlight best teaching practices among USF faculty, with particular emphasis on face to face teaching and blended modes of instruction.
- Provide opportunities through workshops and other events for faculty to learn about new techniques, strategies, and technologies for teaching.
- Enhance teaching and learning at USF by assisting faculty with continuous improvement.
- Provide training and orientation to new faculty members, adjuncts, and graduate teaching assistants.
The Academy for Teaching and Learning Excellence is an office in Student Success, housed in the Provost's Office.
ATLE supports faculty, instructors, adjuncts, and graduate teaching assistants on the USF Tampa campus in Academic Affairs, which includes the following colleges: Arts and Sciences, the Arts, Behavioral and Community Sciences, Business, Education, and Engineering, as well as affiliated Tampa offices such as the Patel College of Global Sustainability.