Student Assessment of Instruction
USF courses following the regular calendar schedule will be assessed through the eXplorance Blue system. The evaluation process is as follows:
- Students will be notified through email and Canvas that they have evaluations available for completion.
- A series of three emails will be sent to all students at their USF email address: an initial invitation and two follow up messages. Each message will contain a link to the evaluations they are eligible to complete. The emails will stop when the student has completed their assessments.
- Students have a two-week window in which to complete the evaluations. The open period ends at midnight on the last day of class.
The online assessment contains the same eight likert-scale questions that appear on the paper and pencil (short-form) scantron. The following response options are included: Poor, Fair, Good, Very Good, Excellent.
- Description of Course Objectives and Assignments
- Communication of Ideas and Information
- Expression of Expectations for Performance
- Availability to Assist Students In or Out of Class
- Respect and Concern for Students
- Stimulation of Interest in the Course
- Facilitation of Learning
- Overall Rating of the Instructor
In addition, the following two open-ended questions are included:
- Please provide any additional comments with respect to "Instructor Name."
- Please provide any additional comments with respect to "Course Title."
Accessing Teaching Evaluations
Use the following link to access your student evaluations: https://fair.usf.edu/EvaluationMart/.
ATLE is not responsible for developing or analyzing results from the Student Assessment of Instruction. For more information, please contact the Office of Decision Support.