Student Assessment of Instruction
USF courses following the regular calendar schedule will be assessed through the eXplorance Blue system. The evaluation process is as follows:
- Students will be notified through email and Canvas that they have evaluations available for completion.
- A series of three emails will be sent to all students at their USF email address: an initial invitation and two follow up messages. Each message will contain a link to the evaluations they are eligible to complete. The emails will stop when the student has completed their assessments.
- Students have a two-week window in which to complete the evaluations. The open period ends at midnight on the last day of class.
The online assessment contains eight likert-scale questions. The following response options are included: Poor, Fair, Good, Very Good, Excellent.
- Description of Course Objectives and Assignments
- Communication of Ideas and Information
- Expression of Expectations for Performance
- Availability to Assist Students In or Out of Class
- Respect and Concern for Students
- Stimulation of Interest in the Course
- Facilitation of Learning
- Overall Rating of the Instructor
In addition, the following two open-ended questions are included:
- Please provide any additional comments with respect to "Instructor Name."
- Please provide any additional comments with respect to "Course Title."
Accessing Teaching Evaluations
ATLE is not responsible for developing or analyzing results from the Student Assessment of Instruction. For more information, please contact the Office of Decision Support.