Panopto Clickpath - Canvas
- Panopto must first be accessed from the left-side menu. Click SETTINGS and then the NAVIGATION tab. Drag "Panopto Recordings" to the top half of the screen and click SAVE.
- Click the Panopto link on the left side navigation.
- Click the CREATE button near the top.
- You'll be prompted to download the Focus Recorder. After download, run the .exe file on your hard drive.
- After install, manually click the Recorder program on your desktop, or otherwise again click the CREATE button within Canvas, and the Recorder will open.
- From within Module, click the Panopto link, and click RECORD to launch the Focus-Recorder (or just launch it from your desktop client).
- Adjust inputs (PPT, Screenshare) if desired. Verify microphone (and webcam?) is working.
- Click the big RECORD button. Speak the lecture as though talking to students.
- Click the STOP button when done.
- You will be taken to the Status tab. It will upload automatically.
- When it is finished, you will see links to View, Edit, or Share.
- Under Share, you can elect to make the video Public (top-right button) and then receive a fully-public URL. This URL can then be deployed in Canvas under Modules or via a link in Pages.
- Encoding is quick; even a one-hour lecture should take less than ten minutes.