2017 YEAR END CALENDAR
Purchasing Services supports the University of South Florida system by providing quality purchasing services that meets or exceeds our customer's expectations and is performed in accordance with applicable Federal regulations, Florida State statutes, Board of Governors and USF Systems policies and regulations.
We achieve our mission by:
- Providing excellence in customer service
- Processing requisition and issuing purchase orders in a timely manner • Increasing efficiency of operations
- Engaging small, minority-owned, and women-owned vendors
- Pursuing best value sources of supply with cost savings, quality criteria and service levels
- Complying with University and Board of Governors regulations and policies, statutory requirements of the State of Florida, and standard practices of the State University System Purchasing Services is comprised of Purchasing Operations, PCard Administration and Central Receiving
Purchasing Services is responsible for the following areas:
Purchasing - review and approval of all requests for expenditure of USF funds for goods or services; assisting departments with procurement activities; processing public solicitations; review and audit of purchases; training; reporting; overseeing encumbrance transactions in FAST; review and approval of contracts and leases.
PCard - providing procurement cards to eligible USF staff; training; audit of expenditures; reporting; reconciliation; assignment of appropriate security; addition and deletion of proxies.
Contract Management - in 2015, a contract management system (CMS) was put online to track the progress of contract approval from submission though execution.
Doing Business with USF - information for vendors to start a relationship with the University.
Central Receiving - receipt of goods to the central receiving area of campus; delivery of goods to various departments on the USF Campus; pickup and shipment of outgoing commodities as needed.
Records Retention - oversight and approval for disposal of official records of the university.
Supplier Diversity - commitment to providing opportunity for all vendors to provide commodities and services to the USF community.
Sustainability - USF is dedicated to the support and encouragement of minimizing negative impacts on the environment.