Online Post-Baccalaureate Program
Prepare to apply for a graduate degree in speech-language pathology. This package of seven online courses is designed to meet the prerequisite requirements of the master's program in speech-language pathology at USF and most other universities. You are not required to take all seven courses. Choose only those required by your intended graduate program.
- Introduction to Hearing Science (3 credits)
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Speech and Hearing Mechanism (3 credits)
- Applied Phonetics in Communication Disorders (3 credits)
- Introduction to Language Development and Disorders (3 credits)
- Introduction to Speech Science (3 credits)
- Introduction to Disorders of Hearing (3 credits)
- Neuroanatomy for Speech, Language and Hearing (3 credits)
Though completion of these courses does not guarantee admission to USF's graduate SLP program, it does make you eligible to apply. Students will be considered with the general application pool in the term to which they apply.
Who Should Apply
While students with a bachelor's degree in any field may apply, most of our students have backgrounds in psychology, behavioral healthcare, health science, special education, music (voice), physical therapy and occupational therapy.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Major other than Communication Sciences and Disorders
- 3.2 or higher GPA (preferred)