Bachelor of Science
Residency Program Information
- Award winning K-5 teacher preparation program
- Recipient of a prestigious Federal i3 grant
- $3,200 scholarship each year (2 years)
- Hours are 7:30am to 3:30pm M-F
- Innovative STEM partnership with Hillsborough County Public Schools
- Curriculum emphasizes inquiry, inclusion, integration and innovation in each of the elementary subject areas
- Participate in courses that are reserved for residency students
- Build relationships and connections learning to teach in one of 6 local partnership schools.
- Work alongside an experienced elementary collaborating teacher with support from partnership resource teachers and content coaches
- Opportunities to integrate course content in K-5 classrooms during every semester of the program (over 2,000 hours).
- Opportunities to develop as a teacher researcher and receive credit for Undergraduate Research as a part of the program.
- Opportunities to present at national conferences.
- Two study abroad teaching opportunities (Cambridge and Costa Rica)
- Juniors participate in a semester residency in a primary classroom (K-2) and a semester residency in a intermediate classroom (3-5)
- Seniors participate in a year-long residency in a local K-5 classroom
- Guaranteed teaching position in Hillsborough County upon graduation
Study Abroad in Cambridge
Study Abroad in Costa Rica
Becoming Part of a School Community
Engaging in Practitioner Research
Opportunities to Present at National Conferences