How do I get an Associate of Arts (AA) certificate at USF?
Students must apply for the AA, it is not automatically awarded. You can apply for
the AA by going to your OASIS account and clicking the "Student Tab" prior to the
application deadline. The deadline to apply for a degree/certificate in each semester
is stated in the Academic Calendar in the catalog.
To receive the Associate of Arts at USF, a student must:
- Complete 60 semester hours of university credit; at least 20 of the last 30 semester hours counted, or 36 hours overall, must be completed in residence at the home institution of USF. Physical education and military science credits do not count within the 60 semester hours toward the Associate of Arts.
- Achieve a minimum grade point average of 2.00 based on work attempted at USF. In addition, a transfer student must have a GPA of 2.00 or higher when combined with transfer work accepted and evaluated by the USF Office of Admissions.
- Complete the Foundation of Knowledge and Learning Requirements (FKL).
- Meet the Foreign Language Entrance Requirement (FLENT).
- Fulfill the Gordon Rule Writing and Computation requirements.
The AA is awarded approximately 4 to 6 weeks after the semester graduation date.
For questions regarding AA Degree Certification at USF please call 813-974-4051